Ever wonder what some of the terms you hear mean...we did. Some are obvious, others not so much. Below are a few of those we have learned...
- Contrary to what you may have heard and read....goats do NOT eat tin cans, old tires...
- Goats need good
hay, good feed,
and dry shelter,
Worms are a
- Female Goats are
- Male Goats are called BUCKS
- Baby goats are called KIDS
- Male goats that have been "fixed" are called WETHERS
- Wethers make great pets and companions for other goats
- Goats are herd animals and do best as pairs or larger groups
- WATTLES - A fleshy, wrinkled, often brightly colored fold of skin hanging from
the neck or throat, characteristic of certain birds, such as chickens
or turkeys, and some lizards (and GOATS!)
- Kids born with no horns are POLLED
- More to come...